[petsc-users] CUDA with complex number

Paul Mullowney paulm at txcorp.com
Mon Jan 23 15:28:44 CST 2012

I would claim that Petsc does not support GPU capabilities for complex
numbers right now.

The CUSP library is templated over the scalar type (i.e. float or
double), however I don't think it supports complex numbers. Although, I
could be wrong on this.

It could be somewhat straightforward to move from CUSP to CUSPARSE (yes,
these are different Nvidia libraries). I believe CUSPARSE supports SpMV
for complex types. It also supports triangular solve for complex types.

-Paul