[petsc-users] Differential operators in PETSc

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 4 09:34:47 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 09:25, Alexander Grayver <agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de>wrote:

> I would like to discuss it, but I'm afraid I can't pose right questions
> due to the lack of wide knowledge regarding problem, since my understanding
> and motivation is only within my problem, which is vector Helmholtz
> equation.
> Would anybody more experienced like to start this discussion?

I think the most important question is to figure out what API people want
to interact with for staggered grids since that will guide the
implementation. Staggered grids are unfortunately more dimension-dependent
than non-staggered, so 2D versus 3D issues are more complicated. How would
people like to address edge and face spaces in 3D?