[petsc-users] Software for load balancing to improve parallel performance to be used with PETSc

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:58:10 CST 2012

Hi,

I'm running a 3D Fortran CFD code. The grid used is Cartesian. The
current code is partitioned in the z direction for MPI.

For e.g. for total size z = 10, if partitioned into 5 cpus, it'll become
size z = 2 for each cpu.

Uneven grids are used to reduce the number of grids and the main bulk of
grids clusters around the center.

I read about load balancing software. I wonder if it will improve the
performance/speed of my code.

If so, what are the available choices for use with PETSc and Fortran?
Are ParMETIS, Zoltan or Isorropi recommended?

Thanks!

--
Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng