[petsc-users] Use boomeramg to solve system of PDEs

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Fri Feb 3 09:09:01 CST 2012

I recommend the Trottenberg "Multrigrid" book.

This will not work unscaled, the off diagonal terms as large as the diagonal, its is very unsymmetric.  The time term on the diagonal might save you but that is fragile.

I'm sure someone has worked through how to attack this as a block system but I can see that its almost lower triangular so block Gauss-Seidel iterations looks like a good place to start.

Mark