[petsc-users] Can anyone guess the possible reason of the following errors?

Fande Kong fande.kong at colorado.edu
Mon Dec 3 12:38:18 CST 2012

Hi all,

Can anyone guess the possible reason of the following errors:

[0]PETSC ERROR: PetscGatherMessageLengths() line 133 in
src/sys/utils/mpimesg.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: VecScatterCreate_PtoP() line 2188 in
src/vec/vec/utils/vpscat.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: VecScatterCreate() line 1431 in src/vec/vec/utils/vscat.c

I have been working for several days to figure out the reason, but now I
still get nothing.  I use Petsc-3.3-p3 based on the mvapich2-1.6. I tried
to use vecscatter to distribute the mesh. When the mesh was small,
everything was ok. But when the mesh became larger about 14,000,000
elements, I got the above errors.

--
Fande Kong
Department of Computer Science