[petsc-users] mumps solve with same nonzero pattern(Hong Zhang)

Wen Jiang jiangwen84 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 19:07:11 CDT 2012

Reply to

> This is weird.  Try
> 1) increase work  space with
> -mat_mumps_icntl_14 50 (default is 20)
> 2) different matrix orderings with
> -mat_mumps_icntl_7 2 (or number from 0 to 6)
>
> Run your code with '-log_summary' and see which routine causes this huge
> difference.
>
> Hong

I just tested the problem according to what you suggested. I set icntl_14 =
50 and icntl_7 = 5 (METIS). The problem still persisted. The first solve
took 920 second and second solve took 215 second with same nonzero pattern
pc set up. I also attached the log_summary output file. Do you have any
further suggestion?  Thanks.

Regards,
Wen