[petsc-users] SPAI preconditioner in PETSc

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue May 10 07:35:05 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 14:30, Danesh Daroui <danesh.daroui at ltu.se> wrote:

> I just tried to configure PETSc with SPAI as you said but it says that
> it is not possible to use SPAI with complex numbers. I use complex
> numbers in my equations, so is there any other alternatives or solution
> for this?

SPAI and ParaSails (Hypre) do not support complex. I do not know of a sparse
approximate inverse implementation that does. (Unless you have seen a paper
saying that it works well for a problem close to yours, I wouldn't worry too
much. I have yet to run into a problem for which sparse approximate inverse
was the best preconditioner.)