[petsc-users] SPAI preconditioner in PETSc

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue May 10 06:58:01 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 13:44, Danesh Daroui <danesh.daroui at ltu.se> wrote:

> I also checked the SPAI web page and they have also mentioned that there
> is an interface for PETSc but nothing more.

Configure with --download-spai. You might also try parasails from Hypre
(another SPAI implementation), configure with --download-hypre, then run
with -pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type parasails.

> I have also another questions. In my code, even when the solution is
> converged withing few iterations, the result is far different from
> correct solution that I have. I am suspecting that there something wrong
> with matrix filling in my code. Is there anyway to use direct solver in
> PETSc so I will verify that my matrices are correct before trying
> iterative solvers?

-pc_type lu