[petsc-users] Complex spmv performance

Nun ion m.skates82 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:01:11 CDT 2011

Hello PETSc developers,

I understand PETSc replaces the scalar data type with a complex type for all
solvers, and that configuring with fortran kernels improves performance,
however it is unclear to me why in .../ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex11.c the
dimension of the matrix is set to: dim = n*n.  If the matrix entries are
stored in CSR can one interpret a matrix with complex entries as a vector
where each entry is complex-valued or does this approach create 'two'
matrices one with the real value the other with the imaginary part?

Thanks.