[petsc-users] memory increase in a transient calculation but no valgrind errors

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 24 09:36:42 CST 2011

I am doing a transient calculation, allocating and deallocating
several matrices and vectors both between nonlinear iterations as well
as between time steps.
I measure (with dstat) a constant linear memory increase as the
calculation progresses. I have run my solver on a small example
through valgrind, however, no leaks / unfreed memory have been
reported. Are there any other possibilities to find out where the
memory goes to?

Many thanks for any hints.

Dominik