[petsc-users] Questions about setting values for GPU based matrices

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 07:17:38 CST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Fredrik Heffer Valdmanis
<fredva at ifi.uio.no>wrote:

> Arg, disregard last transmission! I was confusing myself with timings from
> several runs, and the "significant speedup" I referred to was seen when I
> timed things very badly. The numbers from yesterdays mail are correct,
> those were obtained using a GTX 280. That is, 30%-50% speedup on Poisson 2D
> on different meshes.
>
> The question from my previous email remains though, we need to speed up
> the construction of the values array to get good speedup overall.
>
> Sorry for the spamming,

0) zthis discussion has become too long and belongs on
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

1) I believe timings from -log_summary and no where else. Please send that
output for any timing discussion

2) I sent instructions for running ex4 and data. Can you reproduce that?

3) I do not need to do any data conversion when calling the batch routine.
You should not need to either. See ex4

   Matt