[petsc-users] KSP solver increases the solution time

Alejandro Marcos Aragón alejandro.aragon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 04:45:47 CDT 2011

Hi Jed, thanks for replying. In fact, the problem I sent the results from is a dynamic problem of a simply supported beam subjected to a constant load at the center, so I'm integrating in time. The material is linear elastic so the stiffness matrix doesn't change in non-zero structure. Of course the right hand side changes, but I don't think this is the problem because at some point it takes it goes back to just a few iterations to solve. The behavior is cyclic, but I don't understand the reason for this. I've noticed the same behavior of the solver also in quasi-static problems (increasing the load gradually but not integrating over time).

Alejandro M. Aragón