[petsc-users] Packages Similar to PETSc in C++?

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Oct 30 00:44:26 CDT 2010

Dear Mohammad,

As a user of PETSc for the last 8 years, since my days as an
undergraduate, and now as a professional staff scientist at a
supercomputing center, I can say with some confidence that there are
no codes like PETSc in C++ or any other language in terms of quality
of implementation, documentation, and support.  Can you tell us a
little more about your current implementation?  It is true that PETSc
does not support multiple types in the same build, but you do get your
choice of floating-point values and real or complex types.  Also,
PETSc has several C++ components within it, and one of the supported
ways of building it is in 'C++' mode, see -c-language in the configure
options.

If you insist on departing us (we'll miss you), I suggest you look at
Sandia's Trilinos package: http://trilinos.sandia.gov/

Good Luck,
Aron