[petsc-users] Packages Similar to PETSc in C++?

Mohammad Mirzadeh m.mirzadeh at engineering.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 29 23:54:21 CDT 2010

Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone can refer me to a package similar to PETSc but
that is written in c++? Right now I have a large code written in c++ for
doing CFD simulations that I need to transform from serial to parallel.
Initially I was thinking of PETSc and tried using it but found that PETSc is
written in C and thus does not allow to have arrays (in parallel) of
arbitrary type. I have a big data structure and it is much easier for me to
retain the current structure and form of the code. As a result I was
wondering if you guys know of any similar package in C++ ?(in the sense that
it can provide with efficient linear solvers in parallel while hiding most
of MPI from the user)

I could think of HYPRE but then again I am not sure it is written in C++.

Thanks,
Mohammad