[petsc-users] does petsc support schur complement

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Oct 1 23:28:55 CDT 2010

2010/10/2 Gong Ding <gdiso at ustc.edu>:
> Dear all,
> I had take a look with the manual of petsc.It has refered schur complement.
> However, I can not find more useful information.

A couple useful references, there are others depending on your application.

@article{benzi2005nss,
  title={{Numerical solution of saddle point problems}},
  author={Benzi, M. and Golub, G.H. and Liesen, J.},
  journal={Acta Numerica},
  volume={14},
  pages={1--137},
  year={2005},
  publisher={Cambridge Univ Press}
}

@article{elman2008tcp,
  title={{A taxonomy and comparison of parallel block multi-level
preconditioners for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations}},
  author={Elman, H.C. and Howle, V.E. and Shadid, J. and Shuttleworth,
R. and Tuminaro, R.},
  journal={Journal of Computational Physics},
  volume={227},
  number={1},
  pages={1790--1808},
  year={2008},
  publisher={Academic Press}
}

Many of these methods are easy to implement using PCFieldSplit, when
you find one that is likely to work well for your application, ask and
we can suggest a good way to implement it.

Jed