Binary Matrix read problem

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 9 18:14:32 CDT 2009

    If you are using ./configure with --with-64-bit-indices this could
happen since Matlab has its ints as 32 bit. To load the matrix from
Matlab you need
to not using --with-64-bit-indices with configure.

    This could also happen if you built PETSc with complex numbers. It
can only read binary files from Matlab with real numbers.

    Barry