Binary Matrix read problem

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 9 14:19:10 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I upgraded to petsc-3.0.0-p8 a couple of minutes ago, but I had a
problem with reading binary matrices written from matlab. I get

[0]PETSC ERROR: Read from file failed!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Read past end of file!

I have a 64 bit system, did I miss sth in the configuration, I checked
the installation page again, but could not see the reason of the
problem. My codes worked fine before with patch level 4. In ddd I get
the error from MatLoad below:

ierr = PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, "K.bin", FILE_MODE_READ,
&view );  CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = MatLoad(view, MATSEQAIJ, &K ); CHKERRQ(ierr);

(as expected).

Thanks for the pointers in advance.
Umut