Matlab matrix writer

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 9 18:10:22 CDT 2009

   The most likely cause is you are passing a non-sparse Matlab matrix
to the writer; it is then saving it as a dense array (vector) so PETSc
cannot read it.
Run the array through the Matlab sparse() function and make sure it is
sparse before you pass it to the save problem.

    Also make sure you have the latest patched PETSc.

    If this does not resolve the problem then email to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov
  the Matlab code that produces the "bad" binary file.

    Barry