looking for opportunity to take training in HPC

Tomasz Jankowski tomjan at jay.au.poznan.pl
Wed May 27 04:35:03 CDT 2009

I'm looking for opportunity to take training in HPC in one of European
Union country. I'm thinking about fifth scheme  - "Support for training
and career development of researchers"
. I don't know, maybe it could be in framework of ITN - Initial Training
Networks. But maybe someone know about another possibilities (for example
IAPP - Industry-Academia Partnerships and Pathways).

I decided to disturb members of this group because I didn't found yet
anything interesting in this area.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,

tomasz jankowski

skills/capabilities:
- c/c++/perl (multithrading with pthread,boost::thread,MPI)
- I have hands-on computing experience with building sparse systems of
equations with C/C++ code from raw data and solving them with PETSC on
PC's cluster set up by me.
- & much,much more ;-)

About me:

After I finished my Ph.D. studies in quantitative genetics field in 2007
(defended in April 2008) I have switched from science to IT. (It was
possible because I did a lot of programming to obtain the results in my
Ph.D.). Actually I'm system programmer in supercomputing and networking
center  which serves for the needs (especially HPC) of the European
scientific community and provides advanced services for the benefit of
regional administration. Because of this two field career I'm fluent in
quantitative genetics, molecular genetics, genomics, biotechnology, c/c++
programming, linux os administration and also practiced in statistics.