Mismatch in explicit fortran interface for MatGetInfo

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Sat May 23 09:00:15 CDT 2009

Hi all,

First of all thanks of a lot for providing explicit fortran interfaces
for most functions in Petsc 3. This is of great help. I do however run
into a problem using MatGetInfo. The calling sequence for fortran
(according to the manual) is:

double precision info(MAT_INFO_SIZE)
Mat <cid:part1.02040105.02020103 at imperial.ac.uk> A
integer ierr

call MatGetInfo
<cid:part2.00070305.02060306 at imperial.ac.uk>(A,MAT_LOCAL,info,ierr)

The interface however seems to indicate the info argument has to be a
single double precision (i.e. a scalar not an array). I guess with
implicit interfaces this sort of thing would work, but with the provided
explicit interface, at least gfortran won't let me have it.

Cheers
Stephan