superlu_dist options

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 8 10:14:27 CDT 2009

Run your code with '-eps_view -ksp_view' for checking
which methods are used
and '-log_summary' to see which operations dominate
the computation.

You can turn on parallel symbolic factorization
with '-mat_superlu_dist_parsymbfact'.

Unless you use large num of processors, symbolic factorization
takes ignorable execution time. The numeric
factorization usually dominates.

Hong