superlu_dist options

Fredrik Bengzon fredrik.bengzon at math.umu.se
Fri May 8 09:53:55 CDT 2009

Hi Petsc team,
Sorry for posting questions not really concerning the petsc core, but
when I run superlu_dist from within slepc I notice that the load balance
is poor. It is just fine during assembly (I use Metis to partition my
finite element mesh) but when calling the slepc solver it dramatically
changes. I use superlu_dist as solver for the eigenvalue iteration. My
question is: can this have something to do with the fact that the option
'Parallel symbolic factorization' is set to false? If so, can I change
the options to superlu_dist using MatSetOption for instance? Also, does
this mean that superlu_dist is not using parmetis to reorder the matrix?
Best Regards,
Fredrik Bengzon