cygwin/MPI-question

Franz Th. Langer eplanung at t-online.de
Thu Oct 16 05:42:43 CDT 2008

Hi Satish,

thanks very much for quick infos!

I understand that I have to use  mpirun or mpiexec.
(I still dont know how the system knows which procs can be used?)

(in rexecshell one can fill in a list with the node-names)

my questions arise out of the following situation:

under cygwin:

1. I downloaded Petsc and made the necc. definitions

2. make all (everything ok!)

3. make test ( (everything ok!)

under the tests there are also test for parallelizations!

I still dont know how Petsc was doing this tests???

I may have missed something , but I never found a call to mpirun or mpiexec?

perhaps you can explain it?

Best regards
Franz

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dipl.-Ing. Franz Theodor Langer (Geschäftsführer)
E_Planung GmbH
Planung + Berechnung für Wissenschaft und Technik im Ingenieurbau

Schlüsselbergstraße 30, 81673 München, Tel. 089/454933-0 Fax -14
Geschäftsnummer: HRB 90116, Gerichtsstand: München