Can't run ./configure at installation

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 01:35:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

I guess it's because I've another copy of Python for windows installed
by Tecplot. Uninstalled it and reinstall my cygwin. However I got this msg:

=
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system

=
=
 *** Incomplete cygwin install detected
*
 *** Please rerun cygwin-setup and install module make [and its
dependencies]***
*
=

I run "make" and it seems to be. What do you mean by dependencies? I
just select "gnu make" in the developer's installation of cygwin (and
python 8000+k). That's what I've been using and it worked last time. I
wonder what other additions must I install?

Thank you.