Block-smoothers with variable block size

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 20 13:17:24 CDT 2008

    Nicolas,

     Actually we are very close to this. Check out the routine
MatRelax_Inode() which is for AIJ matrices.
For the block size it uses the inode size. If your matrix has inodes
that match the blocks you want
then everything is there already just use the PCSOR.

     If you do not have inodes then you can mimic the MatRelax_Inode()
code to make a new
routine MatPBRelax_SeqAIJ(). If you do implement this we'd love to add
it to PETSc.

     Please let us know if you have additional questions.

    Barry