reading matrices in the smart way

Gideon Simpson grs2103 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 7 18:02:57 CST 2008

Suppose I've dumped a seqaij matrix to binary, and I now want to read
it in and do something with it, perhaps in a distributed manner.  When
I execute MatLoad, I need to give it a matrix type, and I am wondering
what the smart thing is to do.  I'd like it to work both when I am
testing it serially and running it on a cluster.  Assuming I still
want AIJ format, should I set it to MATAIJ?  Can I feed it a command
line option to override whatever I hardcode it to?

i.e., if I code

MatLoad(viewer, MATSEQAIJ, &A);

but run the executable
./ex -mattload_type mpaij

will it run as though it were with MATMPIAIJ?

-gideon