.info files

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 7 12:33:20 CST 2008

   PETSc binary viewers put some additional information into .info
files like matrix block size; it is harmless
but if you really don't like it you can use -viewer_binary_skip_info
or  PetscViewerBinarySkipInfo()
note you need to call PetscViewerBinarySkipInfo() before
PetscViewerFileSetName(). In other words you
cannot use PetscViewerBinaryOpen() directly.

    Barry