Doubts concerning matrix reorderings!

Rafael Santos Coelho rafaelsantoscoelho at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:31:12 CST 2008

Hello, folks! (:

My name is Rafael and in order to get started with PETSc, I began writing a
program which solves, in parallel, a simple fluid flow linear problem. Now,
I want to experiment more by trying some matrix reordering schemes and
observing the impact they might cause. So after reading PETSc's
documentation, I couldn't find good examples to help me out. Say, for
instance, I want to use RCM. How would it be? Will a simple call to the
PCFactorSetMatOrdering() function do it? Or is there more? Just to remember
you, it's a parallel code...

Thanks in advance (:

Rafael Santos Coelho