MatCreateMPISBAIJ & Non-Square Matrix

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 7 15:22:59 CDT 2008

    To mimic what you have done before use MatGetSubMatrix() to "mask
out"
the part you do not want (MatGetSubMatrix() is very fast).

     Start with MPIAIJ and get the preallocation  correct. And
successfully
solve your problem. Then and only then, consider switching to SBAIJ
to save some memory.  Once you have the preallocation correct for MPIAIJ
you can reuse it with a twist of discarding below diagonal counts for
SBAIJ.

    Barry