KSPCR with PCILU generally slower with v2.3.3 than with 2.3.0

Etienne PERCHAT etienne.perchat at transvalor.com
Thu Jun 5 05:35:09 CDT 2008

Hello,

I'm solving MPIBAIJI matrices using KSPCR preconditioned by a PCBJACOBI
between sub domains and PCILU with a fill ratio of 1 on each sub domain.

Solving exactly the same linear systems, I notice that the solution is
slower using v2.3.3p8 than with v2.3.0.
The behavior is not very clear: v2.3.3p8 is generally slower (10 % or
more) but on some systems it happen to be really faster (may be 40 %).

Unhappily in my case at the end I'm always slower ...

Did somebody noticed such behavior? Is there changes if I upgrade to
current 2.3.3p13 version (I've seen a fix:" fix error with using
mpirowbs & icc & ksp_view") ?

Thanks,
Etienne Perchat