Legendre Transform

Sanjay Govindjee sanjay at ce.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:22:01 CST 2008

Can you define what you mean by Legendre transform?  The usual
definition in physics
is L{f}(p)  = max_x (p.x - f(x)) where f(x) is convex.    When you say
parallel, then I presume that
x lies in a very high dimensional space.  In which case you are simply
looking at a root
finding problem in high dimensions and you could certainly use PETSc to
solve the intermediate
linear solves of a Newton scheme (or just invoke SNES).

-sg