how to inverse a sparse matrix in Petsc?

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:57:51 CST 2008

Hi everyone,

I was reading about the topic abt inversing a sparse matrix. I have to
solve a poisson eqn for my CFD code. Usually, I form a system of linear
eqns and solve Ax=b. The "A" is always the same and only the "b" changes
every timestep. Does it mean that if I'm able to get the inverse matrix
A^(-1), in order to get x at every timestep, I only need to do a simple
matrix multiplication ie x=A^(-1)*b ?

Hi Timothy, if the above is true, can you email me your Fortran code
template? I'm also programming in fortran 90. Thank you very much

Regards.