Further question about PC with Jaocbi Row Sum

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 15:56:56 CDT 2008

Thank you.
Suppose I have a diagonal matrix, what is the best way to invert it in PETSc?
Do I have to install the external packages superlu_dist or mumps?
I realized that LU or Cholesky decomposition does not work with MPIAIJ matrices.
I also know the best way is probably to directly call Vector operations directly.
However, I want to keep the same KSPSolve structure so that the same code can be used  for non-diagonal MPIAIJ matrices without changing each call to KSPSolve.
Thank you very much.

Shi