Question on DA

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 11 08:24:36 CDT 2008

    The default layouts of "grid points" is independent of the number
of degree's
of freedom per point so each process will get the same "patch" for
both DA's.

   If you are worried about the two DA's having some duplicate
information that
wastes memory (information that could be shared between the two),
don't; the
amount of excess data is very small relative to everything else in the
code and
is not worth worrying about.

    Barry