DA question

Sean Dettrick sdettrick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:36:05 CDT 2008

To elaborate on Matt's suggestion, a staggered grid/Yee mesh code
could use a single DA with one degree-of-freedom per component of H
and E.  The extra overlap required for staggered guard cells at the
domain boundaries could be dealt with by having a bigger-than-usual
stencil width.  For the 2nd order 3D case, this suggests the
DACreate3d routine would have arguments dof=6, s=2, and
stencil_type=DA_STENCIL_STAR.

It is just a suggestion - I have not tried it.

Sean