Invalid argument! - not a permutation!

Tim Stitt timothy.stitt at ichec.ie
Thu Oct 25 14:22:58 CDT 2007

OK...that is useful thanks.

If you don't mind just one more question...I notice that the
MatLUFactorSymbolic() routine now executes with one processor but
complains when I run > 2 processors. The actual error message is:

[1]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[1]PETSC ERROR: Matrix type mpiaij  symbolic LU!

Is this because the default LU factorisation routine isn't parallel...I
just assumed parallel superlu would be picked up automatically (it is
compiled into my PETSc build) ?

Tim.