Compiler Optimization Override

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 4 10:36:40 CDT 2007

  It seems the config/configure.py options -COPTFLAGS, -CXXOPTFLAGS, -FOPTFLAGS
work correctly. That is if you set them then the default optimization is turned
off and what you provide is used. This works with petsc-dev.

  If this does not work for someone please send configure.log so we can
resolve the problem.

   Barry