Compiler Optimization Override

Tim Stitt timothy.stitt at ichec.ie
Wed Jun 27 06:08:44 CDT 2007

Hi PETSc Users/Developers,

Could someone explain how I can override the default optimization level that
comes with my PETSc build (currently -O). I want to set a more aggressive
optimization level (e.g. -O3) for my compiler (PathScale).

Ideally I would prefer a solution which doesn't involve rebuilding PETSc each
time I want to switch the optimization level. I tried to add the switch to
the petscrules file but it always defaulted to the first (lower?)
optimization switch that appeared in the application compile command line
which seems to be built into PETSc.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards,

Tim.

--
Dr. Timothy Stitt <timothy_dot_stitt_at_ichec.ie>
HPC Application Consultant - ICHEC (www.ichec.ie)

Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
5 Merrion Square - Dublin 2 - Ireland

+353-1-6621333 (tel) / +353-1-6621477 (fax) / +353-874195427 (mobile)