Worthwhile to use PETSc to solve lots of small matrices?

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 02:21:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am doing CFD and at each time step, I need to interpolate values at
different points. I'm doing bi-quadratic interpolation and hence to get each
interpolated value, I need to solve a 9x9 matrices. There's about 100+ pts
and hence 100+ 9x9 matrices to solve per time step.

I'm wondering if it is worthwhile to use PETSc to solve them or am I better
off using those direct guassian elimination solvers?

Thanks