Error compile petsc-dev

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 21:57:10 CDT 2007

Hi,
Since I wanted to try Barry's implementation on the
"Do not ignore errors in Makefile" issue, I checked
out petsc-dev (both the Mercurial and the nightly tar
ball).
However, I had the same errors during make:
home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/conf/variables:119:
/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev//conf/petscconf: No
such file or directory
/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/conf/rules:808:
/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev//conf/petscrules: No
such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev//conf/petscrules'.
Stop.

Please help.
Thanks.
Shi