Problem creating a non-square MPIAIJ Matrix

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 14:47:00 CST 2007

I actually used MatGetLocalSize(A,&m,&n) in the code.
They give me
m=4,n=3, as expected.
I can also specify m=4,n=3 in MatCreateMPIAIJ() which
is exactly identical to the previous code. If I
specify anything else, I get error saying that they
don't agree with the global sizes.

But I don't understand why we need to make n=N/2?
Are we storing the whole rows of the matrix? Just like
the mannual says, the local submatrix is of size m*N.

Shi

MatCreateMPIAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,PETSC_DECIDE,PETSC_DECIDE,