understanding the output from -info

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 23:41:31 CST 2007

Well,

I am simulating unsteady flow past a moving airfoil at Re~10^4. I'm using
fractional step FVM, which means that I need to solve a momentum and poisson
equation.

To reach a periodic state takes quite a few hours and so I'm trying to find
ways to speed up the process. I thought parallelizing the code would help
but it seems like it's not the case.

I'm now trying out different types of solver/preconditioner available on
PETSc to assess their performance. Is there other external solvers, which
PETSc interfaces, which are recommended? I'm thinking of using multigrid to
solve the poisson eqn... wonder if hypre/BoomerAMG etc would help...