a current state of python bindings

Mads Fredrik Skoge Hoel mfhoel at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 26 05:09:18 CDT 2007

Hi Ondrej,

I tried out petsc4py, i could not find any documentation. I used alot of
time just trying to get it to work. And without documentation, i tried to
guess, and finally managed to construct a Mat object. It seems that
petsc4py is currently in an experimental version.

You might also want to have a look at PyPetsc:
https://elefant.developer.nicta.com.au/documentation/userguide/PyPetscManual.pdf
and
https://elefant.developer.nicta.com.au/developer/designdocs/PyPetscDesignRef.pdf

I have not tried the PyPetsc, but at least there is documentation.

Regards,
Mads