a current state of python bindings

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Wed Apr 25 18:48:10 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am using PETSc from Python. I read the post:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/petsc-users/2006/08/msg00090.html

I am currently using the petsc4py, but unfortunately, they don't seem
to have uptodate webpage. The most recent version, that works with
petsc 2.3.2 can be found here:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/petsc4py/0.7.2

However, there are some bindings inside the petsc tarball, but I
didn't find any documentation for them - are they deprecated?

Also, I would like to create a debian package "python-petsc" with
python bindings to petsc (and get it to debian main distribution), so
I wanted to check with you, what the most advanced python bindigs
actually are (and which I should package).

Thanks,
Ondrej