Option with HYPRE and KSP

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:49:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am solving a poisson eqn and using hypre as a preconditioner has greatly
increased the speed. I am trying to do some more tuning and I have some
questions:

1. Is boomerAMG the only option? What are the other hypre conditioners
available? Is there any documentation somewhere? Is hypre just a
preconditioner or can it be a solver as well?

2. what does the preonly in ksp_type mean? Is the eqns solved?

3. why can't I use bcgs  or bicg with hypre? Also, can cg be used for
non-symmetric matrix. It seems to work.

Thank you very much.

Regards.