about MPI_Comm_size(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&size)

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 26 00:21:38 CDT 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Yixun Liu wrote:

> Hi,
> Can I compiler and link it in VC enviroment and then copy the .exe to a directory.

you can just go to the dir which has the executable. [copy is not necessary]

> Then, at command line run mpiexec -n 2 xxx.exe?

yes

> I try it, but the error is "Credentials for yxliu rejected
> connecting to dmrc-6700512 Aborting: Unable to connect to
> dmrc-6700512". I have used wmpiregister to register the accout
> correctly.

Sounds like your mpi install is not setup properly. I'm guessing
you are using mpich2. I don't know enough about this version.

Can you check if any of the following work?
executable
mpiexec -n 1 executable
mpiexec -n 2 executable
mpiexec -n 2 -localonly executable