unable to find include files during make

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:35:23 CST 2006

hi,

i've managed to compile petsc on my sch's linux server. i've done both the
shared and non-shared libraries. test examples worked fine. however when i
tried to compile my own code which uses petsc in one of the module, it says
"can't find include file..... (all include files)".

my petsc_dir/petsc arch has already been set. i'm using intel fortran 7
(ifc) with gcc, because i get the error msg "Fortran libraries cannot be
used with C compiler" when i tried ifc with icc. is there anyway to get
around this?

anyway, how should my makefile be? currently my makefile for the petsc
solver is

petsc_sub.o : petsc_sub.F

        $(f90) $(opt) petsc_sub.F
if i compiled as shared libraries, what other statements must i add? the
current opt are

  -r8 -ip -w95 -c -static-libcxa -L/nas/lsftmp/g0306332/petsc-2.3.2-p6/

thank you very much

regards