Kubuntu Linux + PETSc Question

Fernando Campos asdfgf at ig.com.br
Tue Dec 19 13:10:29 CST 2006

 Dear Aron,

 We are using the blas/lapack 64 in the Umbuntu's repository, so I believe
they are optimized already.

 We have used many versions of Rocks clusters but lately we've decided to
move to another distribution due many problems related to installation and
maintenance of the nodes. Until now Rocks performed better ( when it is
working :) ) than generic kernels.. we tried conectiva linux and now ubuntu.
I don't know about a kernel similar to Rocks.. one made for scientific
computing.. I know there are cluster packages like Oscar and Gluster. The
farmer we haven't tried and the latter haven't worked..

Thanks.