The support of log double

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 19:56:43 CST 2006

I strongly suspect that long double reals will not help
you at all. It is very unlikely that your nonlinear system
fails to converge due to loss of precision. If the Jacobian
does become near singular near the solution, it often
indicates a deficiency in the formulation. Could you
indicate why you think loss of precision is responsible
for non-convergence?

  Matt

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir
Alec Guiness