The support of log double

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 4 19:51:20 CST 2006

  G.D.

   You can compile PETSc to use long double with the additional
configure/configure.py options --with-precision=longdouble
--download-c-blas-lapack

  It compiles a special version of Blas/Lapack for long double.

  I'm not sure this is really the best way to go.

  I would suggest investigating further why intel compiler
works but not gcc. most likely it indicates some error or
memory overwrite in your code. It is also possible that gcc
generates some incorrect code, does gcc not work even with the
debug version of PETSc? When you run the gcc and intel versions
do they start out pretty much the same and then start diverging
from each other, or are they different straight from the start.
Run with -snes_monitor -ksp_monitor

   Barry